If you have noticed that your teeth aren’t as sparkly white as they used to be, it’s a good idea to look into professional teeth whitening from your trusted teeth whitening dentist in Bentleigh East. The appearance of our teeth can make or break our confidence and can make us feel worried about our appearance.
If you feel like your teeth could use a little pick me up, read on to find out everything you need to know about professional teeth whitening procedures.
6 Things You Need to Know About Professional Teeth Whitening
Here are some tips and handy hints about teeth whitening if you are considering it:
- If you have any issues such as untreated cavities or abscesses do not attempt any teeth whitening procedure without having these issues treated and had your oral health checked out by a dentist. The reason for this is that teeth whitening can irritate already sensitive teeth due to dental issues and cause further discomfort.
- There are two main types of teeth whitening. One is an in-chair whitening procedure that is for teeth that are particularly stained or marked. The other is a take-home kit with a custom-made mouthguard and a teeth whitening solution formulated to give you the best results.
- The solution used to bleach your teeth in a professional kit is less likely to cause sensitivity as is it a superior formula. Some mild sensitivity is normal with any teeth bleaching, however, and does not last long.
- The solution works because of the use of hydrogen peroxide and other gentle chemicals penetrating the outer layer of your teeth and using oxidisation to break down stains. Professional teeth bleaching kits contain 10% hydrogen peroxide and actives. You can boost your teeth whitening with a 1-hour in-chair treatment of 40% hydrogen peroxide if need be.
- Light or UV bleaching is a temporary solution and won’t be enough on its own. It’s best to chat with your trusted dentist and come up with short and long-term solutions for your teeth bleaching plan.
- Another topic to bring up with your dentist is if you’ve had any previous work done such as dental crowns, caps, or dental veneers. Our natural teeth are very absorbent, however, any replacement teeth will not have the same porosity. Make sure you chat with your teeth whitening dentist or cosmetic dentist in Melbourne to find out what your options are.
Contact our Teeth Whitening Dentist in East Bentleigh
Here at Jacobson Dental, we are the best cosmetic dentists in Melbourne and enjoy making every smile a dazzling smile. We look forward to seeing you and your beautiful smile in our practice soon!
For more information about our teeth bleaching in Melbourne, book with a top teeth whitening dentist at Jacobson Dental Group. We provide flexible, interest-free payment plans for your convenience. Call (03) 8525 3875 or book an appointment online.